
This is a Korean Buddah. We're not sure what its for, but Mr.Kum says its Good Luck

The Walls around one of the Bases in Dague has tons of paintings around it

There is one of the checkered water towers at EVERY base here. So if you get lost and you see one of these head to it and you will find a Military Base haha

One of the MANY buildings covered in green

This is one of our Traffic Control friends. They changed their outfits from the red ones to these orange ones since the seasons changed haha

One of the MANY Catholic Churches they have here. It is one of the dominate religions here

The Korean Hymn Book

This is our church on the outside

This store "Buy The Way" is everywhere

The water fountain outside The Lotte Department Store

One of the many random things they have around here...

Hahaha the funny shoe store.. gotta love the name

The crazy sized manicans they have around here

he ketchup packet at McDonalds... the McDonalds was 2 stories high

Hahaha a lady here named Kelly calls this her boyfriend. Its at all construction sites. Its a manican and its arms go up and down with flags in them to warn you of the construction. They even have them on the freeways haha
This weekend we spent the time exploring Dague. We went to the Lotte Department Store and the outdoor mall near the train station. Its an amazing place haha. They have blocks and blocks of stores! Some of them are American and some I have never heard of before. Some stores have funny names, like one is called "The Atheletes Foot". We found a McDonalds there haha, it was pretty good. Tastes mostly just like it does back in the states. They dont use paper cups though. They are plastic ones you return when your done. And a guy stands by the trash can and sorts your trash for you haha. The indoor mall has all the famous stores like Louis Vatton and Chanel and Dior and all those places. The mall was 10 floors. The 9 was all resteraunts and the 10 was a movie theater. We had a lot of fun. Dague is the 3 largest city in Korea and we have had fun there!
I really am enjoying the pictures, it looks like South Korea has a good sense of humor, we could learn some things from there, Americans are so serious!!! Have you both been receiving my emails on your personal emails??? I sent a receipe for taco salad did you receive it? I also sent Tim's high school graduation invitation and his Eagle invitation, I sent them in the mail, I hope you receive both of them.... We are looking forward to seeing you both in May, let me know when your plane arrives, we go to Vegas to pick you both up, unless you plan on renting a car, let me know... Tim is doing very good I rceived his progress report he's getting straight B's I'm so proud of him.... he's working hard.. he's still working for the city, and for the casa blanca.... I send my love, I hope you both are doing good.. Preston I'm sorry I have missed your calls, my work hours have been wild.... haven't been consistant, alot of changes happening at work... however, there is some positive ones..... I love you both,
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom